Launch of Globethics.net Consortium on Ethics in Higher Education 21-23 June 2017
We are pleased to announce that the launch of the Globethics Consortium for Ethics in Higher Education will take place in Geneva from 21-23 June 2017. The aim is to promote ethical governance and leadership in higher education. The target partners are universities and colleges, mostly from the global South and selected higher education institutions from the Northern Hemisphere, to form a Consortium of partners to support teaching and research in Ethics, creating a framework of cooperation for equal opportunities and access to quality education around the world. The initiative aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (no. 4) as set by the UNESCO Framework for Action 2030.
The event will take place with the participation of around 50 leaders and 30-50 experts and ethics-minded professionals and donors' representatives. During the Consortium event a proposed action plan for the next three years will be discussed and agreed between prospective members. Highlights of this plan include: key objectives and project outcomes, project action plan, timeline and desired outputs, indicators and evaluation measures, project involvement for partners, costs and financing models, structure and benefits of consortium membership and operation models.
The objectives of the Consortium are to promote ethics in higher education through collaborative activities aiming at:
- Strengthening the ethical reputation of higher educational institutions and professionals;
- Strengthening professional ethical awareness and providing support to teachers to help them become adequately equipped to teach values;
- Supporting students with tools and resources to think and act according to values;
- Integrating ethical reflection and action in research, for the benefit of the common good;
- Raising awareness on the need to integrate values-based policies in education and in research.
The Consortium's goal and action are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the UNESCO Education Framework 2030. Action plan 2017-2020 includes, inter alia:
- Joint projects in Product development
- Collaboration in Teaching and Research in Ethics
- Academic support to Consortium members
More information about the Consortium meeting from 21-23 June 2017.
Contact for the Globethics Consortium on Ethics in Higher Education:
- Anh Tho Andres-Kammler, Programme Executive Ethics Education, firstname.lastname@example.org