Launch of Globethics.net Consortium on Ethics in Higher Education 21-23 June 2017
The Consortium for Partnership in Ethics Education initiated by Globethics.net in 2016 is taking shape with the support of many Academia and professionals in the Higher Education sector. We are now pleased to announce that a round table discussion is planned in Geneva in order to present the Globethics.net Consortium on Ethics in Higher Education (GE-CEHE) Initiative.
The objectives of the Consortium are to promote Ethics in Higher Education through collaborative activities aiming at:
- Strengthening the ethical reputation of higher educational institutions and professionals;
- Strengthening professional ethical awareness and providing support to teachers to help them become adequately equipped to teach values;
- Supporting students with tools and resources to think and act according to values;
- Integrating ethical reflection and action in research, for the benefit of the common good;
- Raising awareness on the need to integrate values-based policies in education and in research.
The Consortium's goal and action are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the UNESCO Education Framework 2030. Action plan 2017-2020 includes, inter alia:
- Joint projects in Product development
- Collaboration in Teaching and Research in Ethics
- Academic support to Consortium members
Proposed Agenda (subject to change):
- Project Presentation
- Committee Members Selection (eligibility, mission, mandate)
- Membership Policies (types of membership, fees, commitment, modus operandi)
- Bilateral agreement discussions between members (planning needed)
- Action plan for 2017-2020 to be adopted.
For more information please contact Anh Tho Andres-Kammler, Programme Executive Ethics Education, firstname.lastname@example.org