Programme Officer Communications 70-100%
Maternity leave cover
Globethics.net is a global network on applied ethics with individual and institutional participants from all continents. It is committed to strengthen core values such as integrity, justice, respect, inclusion, sharing, and responsibility in a globalised world. Globethics.net promotes values-driven transformation for life and sustainable development through responsible leadership. It supports empowering people from all over the world – with religious and non-religious perspectives – for ethical dialogue, reflection and action. Globethics.net is focused on four main activities: a) increasing knowledge through the online library; b) encouraging dialogue through the online community; c) promoting reflection by global collaborative research, conferences and publications; and d) supporting action through selected projects, services, education, training and certification. Globethics.net focuses on educational ethics (Strategy 2016–2020); public services ethics; economic/environmental ethics and (inter) religious/ cultural ethics. Globethics.net was founded in 2004 as a non-profit association, was established as a foundation in 2009, has its Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and has Regional Programmes and National Contacts on five continents around the world.
We are looking for a temporary Programme Officer Communications (maternity leave cover), to carry out communications and act as webmaster at our Head Office in Geneva. The person will be working closely with the communications team and with the other Head Office and regional staff and will have the opportunity of gaining a good insight into the work of an international NGO. We are looking for a flexible, precise and motivated team player.
- Support the implementation of the Globethics.net Communications Strategy
- Support implementation of communications plans for specific projects and events
- Web content management, including writing and editing
- Support the development of new web pages and new features
- Support and later manage the Globethics.net Newsletter
- Support and later manage the online community
- Update social media
- Liaise with Head Office departments and Regional Programmes
- Manage technical matters and coordinate with suppliers (development, hosting, online marketing, news services) To be carried beyond the maternity cover
- Be responsible for routine reporting and evaluation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- Affinity with the mission and vision of Globethics.net;
- Fluency in English, and preferably fluency in at least one other language;
- Bachelor or Master degree in web design, communication, marketing or similar;
- Understanding of communications and marketing in the international non-profit sector and experience in a similar position;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and similar programmes;
- Team player with good communication skills, positive attitude and able to work in an intercultural environment; and
- Valid work permit.
What we offer
An opportunity for a dynamic professional to develop skills and gain experience within a small and friendly team in an international environment, variety in every day work and the chance to contribute significantly to the growth of the organisation.
Location: The Head Office is located in Geneva, Switzerland, close to UN organisations.
Starting date: 1 April, or as agreed, for a period of 5 months with the possibility of extension.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a letter of motivation by
Friday 24 March 2017 to: Lucy Howe López, Deputy Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org