International Journal for Equity in Health aims to further the state of knowledge about equity in health, defined as systematic and potentially remediable differences in health across populations and population groups defined socially, economically, demographically, or geographically.
Advances in the following areas are of particular interest:
1. Contributions to the conceptualization of influences on health and inequities in health and their mode of operation
2. Advances in methods for studying inequities and evaluating interventions and policies to reduce them
3. Pathways through which influences on health influence equity in health
4. Evaluations of interventions that reduce inequities in health
5. Development, implementation, and evaluation of policies for reducing inequities in health.
- Ethik des Lebens