Global Ethics Day 2017: Responses from Around the Globe
For Global Ethics Day 2017 our focus was on ‘#TheGoldenRule', a guiding maxim for ethical development. We asked you, our network participants, about your own experiences and practices concerning the golden rule and your response did not disappoint.
We're delighted to share with you a selection of stories, reflections and books extracts provide to us by our network on the theme of the Golden Rule:
- ‘Business Ethics and the Golden Rule' by Andreas Suchanek
- ‘The Golden Rule, a concept suitable to a Global Water' Ethics by Dr. Evelyne Fiechter-Widemann
- ‘Using the Golden Rule Daily' (in Spanish) by Gerley Martinez David
- ‘The Golden Rule Generates Ethical Life' by Kifle Wansamo
- ‘Expectations' by Prof. Dr Rameeza A. Rasheed
- ‘The Global Language of Ethical Values' by Simon Webley
The Philosophy Department at Chancellor College of the University of Malawi joined the rest of the world in celebrating Global Ethics Day through a Panel Discussion. The panelists looked at the golden mean as it is reflected in the Islam, Christianity, in Bantu Ethics and In Immanuel Kant.