Globethics.net Vision, Mission and Values
Promoting Values-driven Leadership for Life and Sustainable Development
FOUNDING CONVICTION (Why we exist)
We believe that the sharing and living of values and virtues contributes to building sustainable, just and peaceful societies. We recognise the es-sential dignity of each person and the value of non-human beings and ecosystems.
VISION (Where we want to be)
We envision a world where people and especially leaders act according to ethical values and thus contribute to achieving the sustainable development goals.
MISSION (What we do to get to our vision)
- We promote values-driven transformation for sustainable development through responsible leadership.
- We support empowering people from all continents - with religious and non-religious perspectives - for ethical dialogue, reflection and action.
- We focus on four target groups: education, public, religious and business;
- We focus on four themes: educational ethics, public services ethics, economic/environmental ethics and (inter-) religious ethics;
- We focus on four activities: Increase Knowledge through the online library; Encourage Dialogue through the online community and face-to-face encounters; Promote Reflection by global collaborative research, conferences and publications; and Support Action through selected projects, ser-vices, education, training and certification.
VALUES (What we bring to the mission)
Responsibility: We strengthen responsible decisions and actions in private, professional and public life.
Sharing: We promote the mutual sharing of global and contextual ethical concerns and perspectives.
Respect: We respect and affirm the dignity of every person and the diversity of cultures, religions and life orientations.
Inclusion: We are engaged in overcoming the exclusion of the marginalised and in nurturing inclusive, participatory societies .
Justice/Fairness: We promote equality and justice especially in regard to access to resources and we support gender equality and balance.
Integrity: We are committed to integrity, honesty, openness, transparency and accountability which build trust.