The aim of this programme is to help support religiuos leaders on their resposibility and their role supporting the electoral process in the Democratic Congo Republic.
Programme: Ethics for Professionals
- The spiritual foundations of responsible leadership (Bible, Quran) and leadership in the service of the people
- The values and virtues in the elections: (integrity, credibility, transparency, respect, unity, equity, mediation, courage etc.)
- The legal and institutional framework of elections in the DRC
- The Ethics of financing elections
- If you are an election candidate: who are you serving?
- Ethical perspectives of supervision, control, sanctions, acceptance / rejection of elections
- Mediation: managing conflicts of interest and conflicts of values
- Technical, educational, organisational, moral, financial and legal instruments to reinforce democratic values.
- Codes of ethics for target audiences, including candidates and the media.
- Ethics in Politics: Opportunities and Challenges during the Electoral Process
The training format will be delivered through on-site interactive workshops. The participants will be divided into small groups. The expert will drive them through a series of group discussions, group exercises and personal asginments throughout each workshop. The workshop is blended learning, it will combine online educational materials with classroom methods. Globethics.net will develop the training materials using PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and online support and to the extent possible make use of a minimum amount of paper. They will be available through Globethics.net Forum
Chat with our advisers
+ 41 22 791 62 49
Send us an email at