This offline training offers the possibility to train a group of teachers and/or researchers from Higher Education Institutions.
Throughout the three days of training, the participants will be asked to reflect on current policies and practices within their institution and in the broader higher education arena. They will be given the knowledge and tools to approach these from an ethical perspective.
The training will allow the participants to learn to build an ethics of excellence throughout the institutions and programmes. As well, it will strengthen the working relationship by developing their social competence and improving team-spirit and collaborative skills.
The training is organised over a period of three days at the institution. It is composed of 10 interactive workshops which will be delivered by experts on each topic. Throughout the different workshops, the participants will be faced to address ethical challenges through different group and personal exercises. In the end, they will receive a certification of attendance.
1. Changing mindsets, transforming and embedding an ethical culture
2. Reassessing Institutional values
3. Being an ethical educational leader: values and virtues
4. Analysing the role of ethics in education and research in today's world
5. Building teacher's capacity and skills to apply ethics in teaching, research and supervision
6. Managing and making ethics effective and secure
7. Sustaining an ethics model of excellence in education
8. Testing teacher's capacity and understanding of ethics in teaching, research and supervision
9. Globethics Academy online courses for teachers and students
The training format will be delivered through off-site interactive workshops. The participants will be divided into small groups, 5-6 persons per group. The expert will drive them through a series of group discussions, group exercises and personal assignments throughout each workshop. The workshop is blended learning, it will combine online educational materials with classroom methods. Globethics will develop the training materials using PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and online support and to the extent possible make use of a minimum amount of paper.
Togo/Germany Academic Dean Protestant Theologian and Professor of Ethics
Nigeria / Germany Prof. Dr, Professor of Ethics in Nigeria and Germany, development expert