Cyber Ethics, Education and Security: Serving Humanity with Values
When: 11 April 2019, 09:00-10_45
Where: Room L2, International Telecommunications Union (ITU), Geneva
Globethics.net is organising a thematic Workshop on ‘Cyber Ethics, Education and Security: Serving Humanity with Values' on the morning of Thursday 11 April 2019 at the 10th World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum at the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Workshop is based upon the issues raised by contributors to the book ‘Cyber Ethics 4.0: Serving Humanity with Values', published by Globethics.net in 2018. Panellists will address the topic from their particular perspectives, whether it be from the point of view of ethics, law, education and/or security. The Workshop will include the launch of the book and an invitation will be extended to Workshop participants to join a collaborative research project to deepen the study and practice of Cyber Ethics in today's world.
Moderator: Prof. Dr Obiora Ike, Executive Director, Globethics.net
- Dr Mariana Bozesan, Dipl.-Inform., Founder, AQAL AG, Founder and President, AQAL Foundation, International Club of Rome member, Germany
- Dr Pavan Duggal, Advocate, Supreme Court of India, President, Cyberlaws.net, Cyberlaw Asia and Mobilelaw.net, Chief Mentor, Blockchain Law Epicentre and Chairman, International Commission on Cyber Security Law, India
- Dr Alexander V. Libin, Scientific Director, Georgetown - Howard Universities Center for Translational Science, Washington, DC, USA
- Dr Siobhán Martin, Director, Leadership in International Security Course, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr Dr h.c. Christoph Stückelberger, Founder and President of Globethics.net and Professor of Ethics, Switzerland
Download here the flyer: [pdf - 1.2 MB]
More information on the WSIS
The WSIS Forum is a global United Nations (UN) multi-stakeholder event co-organised by the ITU, UNESCO, UNDP and UNCTAD, in close collaboration with other UN agencies taking place in 2019 from 8-12 April.
On the programme of the WSIS Forum 2019, which is expected to attract around 2,500 participants engaged in information and communication technology (ICT) for development experts and actors, are high-level policy sessions, WSIS Prizes and Photo Contest, special tracks on ICTs and sports, development, innovation and youth, a hackathon and a WSIS accessibility day focused on security, communication, mobility, education and emergencies.
Also on the agenda, available at https://www.itu.int/go/wsisagenda, are thematic workshops organised by different stakeholders on topics related to the WSIS Action Lines.
The first World Summit on the Information Society in 2003 in Geneva was one of the inspirations for the foundation of Globethics.net in 2004. Globethics.net in its 15th year continues to be engaged as an actor in today's information society and is committed to open access to the internet and to knowledge resources for the good of all.
For further information about Globethics.net's involvement in previous WSIS Forums see:
- ‘Ethics in the Information Society: The Nine ‘P's – A Discussion Paper for the WSIS+10 Process 2013-2015', Globethics.net Texts No. 4, 2013.