Media Invitation: Globethics.net International Conference
Globethics.net International Conference
Managing and teaching ethics in higher education: Policies, skills and resources
When: 4-6 June 2018
Where: Château de Bossey, Chemin Chenevière 2, 1279 Bogis-Bossey, Vaud (Switzerland)
Globethics.net is organising the 2018 International Conference with the aim to embed ethics more deeply into society through higher education institutions. Participants will benefit from resources for ethics education and exchange with colleagues and experts.
Ethics in higher education strengthens values-driven decisions, behaviour and actions of teachers, students and leaders to build stronger institutions and just, peaceful and sustainable societies that are led by leaders with integrity.
Advancing ethics in higher education contributes to societal development and the achievement of the United Nations' 2030 Agenda through the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially SDG 4 and with UNESCO's World Declaration on Higher Education for the Twenty-first Century.
Teachers, policy makers, research fellows, vice-chancellors, ethics and scientific institutions, consultants, NGOs, IGOs and other stakeholders from all the world will attend this conference to promote ETHICS for Empowerment, Transformation, Holistic development, Integrity, Competence and Sustainability. Together they will create a platform for exchange and learning on the latest academic developments, products and practical tools with solutions to ethical issues in the higher education sector.
- Hon. Prof. Kwesi Yankah, Minister of State at the Ministry of Education in charge of Tertiary Education, Ghana (‘Promoting Ethics as Policy in Higher Education')
- Roland Schatz, Founder and CEO, Media Tenor International SA and Senior Advisor to the UN Director General (Ethics in Higher Education as a Key Driver of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development')
- Daire Keogh, Deputy President, Dublin City University (Talents for Change: Building Values into Institutions / Teachers / Students of Higher Education')
- Walter Linsi, Co-founder of Belimo AG and of U.W. Linsi Foundation and Rita Astfalck, General Manager, U.W. Linsi Foundation (‘Ethics at Work: Learning from Best Practices, the Belimo Way')
- Pavan Duggal, Chairman, International Commission on Cyber Security Law ('Cyber-security and Ethics in Education: Access, Privacy and the Regulatory Environment')
For more information: http://www.globethics.net/international-conference-2018
Media contact: Victoria Moyano Luna
Communication and Digital Marketing Manager
email@example.com Tel: +41 (0)22 791 6336