Globethics.net is an international non-profit, non-governmental foundation with its Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and partners on all continents. It is a global network of individuals and institutions interested in applied ethics, with ethics in higher education as its vision. Globethics.net aims to strengthen global common values as well as respect ethical contextual diversity.
Globethics.net India was established on 10 September 2010 with Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram (DVK) in Bangalore. The Team of Directors is composed of Rev. Dr Jose Nandhikkara (DVK), Rev. Jacob Belly (ACPD), Dr Vasanthi Srinivasan (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, IIMB), supported by the National Officer, Ms Rajula V. and working together with Dr Pavan Duggal, member of the Globethics.net Board of Foundation based in New Delhi.
Globethics.net India promotes ethics in higher education and governance and integrity for higher education institutions and for the public and private sector. Their various activities include the organisation of conferences, publication of books and journals, anti-corruption campaigns, research on business ethics and other topics, special library collections, courses and awareness-raising campaigns, and training and consulting for higher education institutions, teachers and professionals in India.
Globethics.net India is opening a key supporting position for the post of Office Assistant (50-75%) to work in their office in Bangalore. The desired candidate would be a flexible, precise and motivated team player who would work closely with and under the supervision of the National Officer and Team of Directors and alongside other zonal representatives in India to promote the organisation and its activities and to carry out various project-related tasks. This position is open to all. A commitment of 50-75% work (i.e.: 4-6 hours per day or 20-30 hours per week, negotiable) is required.
To provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support to others in the office and maintain an efficient office environment.
- Organisation of travel arrangements for the staff
- Take minutes at meetings, internal and external as needed
- Handle daily correspondence and telephone enquiries
- Co-ordinate and organise appointments and meetings
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Update address database (office and website database)
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and programme information
- Manage, maintain office supplies and liaise with suppliers
- Basic accounting tasks
- Assist with preparing documents, reports and correspondence
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
- Keep office area clean and tidy
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- Experience in administration, event and project management
- Education up to degree level
- Fluency in English
- Interest and skill in technology and electronic networking
- Good knowledge of computers, MS Office programmes and the internet
- Independent and precise work
- Ability to prioritise, set and meet deadlines
Key qualities, skills and competencies
- Organisational and planning skills
- Work management and prioritising skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Competent computer skills, including MS Office, sending certificates, etc
- Problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail, accuracy
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Pleasant, friendly disposition
- Initiative and sound judgement
Offered: working with a small, friendly and committed team. Confirmation of the appointment will be subject to the decision of the National Director and Globethics.net India team.
Duration: This is a temporary position based in Bangalore with a 3 month probation period and, upon successful completion, will be confirmed for one year.
Location: working from home office.
Application deadline: Monday, 30 May 2022, 18:00 IST.
Candidates are invited to apply with their CV, letter of motivation and two referees, by email to email@example.com.
Start date: 1 June 2022.
Team of Directors Globethics.net India
Dr. Jose Nandhikkara CMI (DVK)
Dr. Vasanti Srinivasan (IIMB)
Rev. Jacob Belly (ACPD)
Globethics.net India Office:
Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram
Dairy Circle, Hosur Road