An Inter-generational Online Roundtable
Date: 28 May 2020 at 15:00-17:15 (CET)
Venue: Online/Zoom, access information to be shared with registered participants.
Type of event: Online Roundtable
Registration: Fill in this form
COVID-19 has taken us all by surprise. Every sector, from business to education, is doing their best to cope in the immediate short-term. It is clear that there will be longer term consequences and thus a need to define new solutions, with creativity.
- What are the challenges you have faced in your company/ school during the last months?
- What were the first solutions you came up with in the first weeks of the pandemic?
- Have you been in the situation of an ethical - economic trade-off these months?
- What changes do you estimate you will have to make in order to adapt to the new context?
- How can students and universities contribute to business and economy in this period?
- Have you managed to get involved in the community in the pandemic period, and if so how?
We believe that together Romanians and other Europeans – from different domains – can exchange, find innovative and feasible solutions and rise to this challenge.
That is why we propose an online roundtable with together professionals, managers, entrepreneurs, teachers, professors and youth to search for sustainable solutions and to Re-Imagine the education and economy in the near future and in the long run.
- CEO Mr Lars van der Haegen of Belimo, Switzerland
- Professor Meera Baindur, India, Globethics.net Pool of Expert member
- Ms Cristiana Badeu, graduating university student
in response to current limitations to physical meetings, will hold this event live online and share some preparatory materials in advance. It promises to use time effectively by focusing on exchange of information and good practice and discussion of concrete solutions for the short and longer term future.
- Roundtable: Exchange between participants and inputs from experts.
Invited experts: One expert representing a European business company and one expert representing the international higher education sector
- Values and Principles
Participants will consider the values underlying decisions they make within their organisations and their ideals going forward.
- Consequences, Transformation and Solutions
A good portion of the Roundtable will be dedicated to sharing and capacity building about how to innovate and find tangible and workable solutions to current challenges of building community and society anew in the pandemic situation. The Roundtable will conclude by taking some time to reflect on long-term effects of the crisis on the larger society and how intergenerational interaction and community building might be initiated in new ways