Globethics.net is organising the 2018 International Conference with the aim to embed ethics more deeply into society through higher education institutions. Participants will benefit from resources for ethics education and exchange with colleagues and experts.
Ethics in higher education strengthens values-driven decisions, behaviour and actions of teachers, students and leadersin order to build stronger institutions just, peaceful and sustainable societies led by leaders with integrity. Furthermore, advancing ethics in higher education contributes to the achievement of the United Nations' 2030 Agenda through the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially SDG 4 and with UNESCO's World Declaration on Higher Education for the Twenty-first Century.
The main target group for this conference are teachers, policy makers, research fellows, vice-chancellors, ethics and scientific institutions, consultants, NGOs, IGOs and other stakeholders.
The beneficiaries are students and society as a whole, teachers and other education professionals and institutions as agents of positive and ethical change in society.
Join us to:
- Promote ETHICS in a way in which participants are Empowered, Transformed and developed Holistically to live, teach and lead with Integrity, Competence and Sustainability.
- Create a platform for exchange and learning on the latest academic developments, products and practical tools with solutions to ethical issues in the higher education
Get the opportunity to:
- Share your expertise (as an academic or professional) on managing and/or teaching ethics in higher education in a global environment.
- Present your paper, join the plenary, panels and workgroups for effective practice and sharing with other education professionals.
- (Re)connect with peers, discover potential partners and meet clients.
Call for papers and workshop concepts
Experts are being invited to contribute to the conference academic tracks and workshops by submitting their academic papers and/or workshop concepts. Note that there will also be the possibility to display materials in the exhibition space.
Submission of abstracts and workshop concepts
The focus is on challenges to ethics integration in education, the latest academic developments, on effective practices in the field. Successful academic papers will be presented in the academic tracks and workshop concepts will be delivered in the workshop tracks to enhance knowledge and skills. Abstracts submitted for the academic tracks can be comprised of theoretical advances and can also bring in case studies, e.g. successful programmes on ethics in higher education, integrating ethics within curricula/governance or other relevant practices.
The academic tracks and workshops are grouped under three main themes, policies, skills and resources. Submissions can be made for one or more of the themes.
|• Addressing management and integrity issues in higher education||• Curriculum development for teaching ethics||• Course materials and bibliographic resources on ethics|
|• Ethics standards and structures /contextual compliance||• Quality management and assessments tools||• Applied ethics|
|• Ethics, governance and institutional change||• Innovation in ethics education: didactics and e-learning||• Publication and research ethics and methodologies|
|• UNESCO 2030 Education agenda: Increasing access and ensuring quality.||• Ethical and responsible leadership||• Open access online learning platforms|
|• Ethics in teacher training: teachers as change makers||• Intercultural ethics: lessons learned for personal/community growth||• On-going professional formation in ethics|
Format for presentations at the conference
The papers prepared and accepted for the academic tracks are to be delivered in an oral presentation (15 minutes), accompanied by an interactive session (15 minutes), the two-page abstract should include the elements given in the table below.
The workshop tracks would be delivered over 40 minutes with the format chosen by the submitter, the one to two-page concept should include the elements given in the table below.
|Academic track||Workshop track|
|1. A descriptive title of the lecture;||1. A descriptive title of the workshop;|
|2. A clear statement of the topic and its significance for ethics in higher education;||2. A clear statement of the focus and its significance for ethics in higher education;|
|3. The research methodology and key findings;||3. A description of the main objectives, target groups, activities and key outcomes;|
|4. A one-paragraph biographical description of each author, including institutional affiliation(s) and contact information;||4. A one-paragraph biographical description of the workshop designer/s, including institutional affiliation(s) and contact information.|
|5. A description of the interactive session, including learning goals and - activities;||5. A description of the workshop session, including learning goals and - activities;|
|6. Name/s plus one-paragraph biographical descriptions of those giving the oral presentation and facilitating the session.||6. Name/s plus one-paragraph biographical descriptions of those giving the workshop and facilitating the session.|
|7. Abstract||7. Concept note|
Exhibition area: To deliver a display or an interactive, visual contribution to the conference, submit a one-page abstract that includes:
- A descriptive title of the material to be exhibited;
- A clear statement of the focus and its significance for ethics in higher education;
- A description of the main visual elements and activities for participants,
- Name/s plus one-paragraph biographical description/s of those instigating the exhibition.
Submission process and deadlines
- All abstracts and concepts for the academic and workshop tracks and exhibition area must be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx).
- For uniformity, please prepare the two-page document in single-space, 12 point, Times New Roman font.
- Submissions are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission is 30 April 2018
- All submissions will be reviewed. Notification of acceptance will be announced via e-mail four weeks after the deadline
For enquiries, please send an email to: email@example.com