Academic Dean (100%)
Globethics.net is an international non-profit, non-governmental foundation with its Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and partners on all continents. It is a global network of individuals and institutions interested in applied ethics with a focus on ethics in higher education, currently in the process of accreditation. Through its global digital library on ethics Globethics.net contributes to improving access to knowledge resources in ethics. In addition, it facilitates collaborative web-based research, conferences, online publishing, e-learning and active sharing of information and collaboration. Globethics.net aims at strengthening global common values as well as respecting ethical contextual diversity.
Globethics.net is looking for a person with high academic qualifications in ethics and with personal integrity for a leading position as Academic Dean responsible for programme development and outreach. The person would be a member of the Executive Committee of the Foundation, under the leadership of the Executive Director and working together with the Deputy Executive Director.
- Design and lead in an innovative way the academic programme with product development of ethics research, teaching and training material, curricula, together with staff and academic partners
- Lead the implementation of the academic programmes and products
- Maintain and strengthen the commitment for diversity of global ethics approaches in terms of religious, philosophical, cultural and language perspectives
- Coordinate and supervise the sales persons of the products in the various continents
- Be involved in training of trainers and other courses
- Contribute to academic publications on Ethics in Higher Education
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Commitment to Globethics.net's vision, mission and values
- Professor of ethics or related discipline/s, with a background in philosophy, theology, social sciences or related disciplines
- Experience at university level in teaching, research, curricula development and if possibly in online learning and different cultural contexts
- Innovative and creative approaches to ethics in higher education
- Experience and skills in negotiations and management
- Ability for quality control to meet academic standards of an accredited institution
- Skills and motivation for sales and promotion of products on ethics in higher education
- Fluency in English and in at least 1 or 2 other languages
- Flexibility in work and travel
- Ability for teamwork in global, intercultural environments.
We offer: good working conditions in an international environment with a small, friendly and committed team.
Duration: the position can be unlimited or – in case for example of a limited leave from university – limited to a minimum of 2-3 years. The duration of the engagement would be negotiable.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland, or at least a substantial part of the year in Geneva.
Application deadline: Friday 15 March 2019, 6pm CET
Candidates are invited to apply with their CV, letter of motivation and two referees, by email to the Executive Director, Prof. Dr Obiora Ike email@example.com
Start date: as soon as possible, on mutual agreement.
Further information: Prof. Obiora Ike +41 22 791 60 43 or Prof. Christoph Stückelberger +41 79 419 68 12