Academic Office Manager (80-100%)
Globethics.net is an international non-profit, non-governmental foundation with its Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and partners on all continents. It is a global network of individuals and institutions interested in applied ethics with ethics in higher education as its vision. Globethics.net aims at strengthening global common values as well as respecting ethical contextual diversity.
Through its global digital library on ethics Globethics.net contributes to improving access to knowledge resources in ethics. In addition, it facilitates collaborative web-based research, conferences, online publishing and active sharing of information and collaboration. Globethics.net offers online and blended learning courses in ethics for continuing professional formation and endeavours to position itself in the world of learning as a specialised higher education institution for applied ethics.
In the context of this organisational development perspective, Globethics.net is looking for a person to take up a key supporting position in the Academic Programmes and Resources department. The person would work closely with and under the leadership of the Academic Dean and with Globethics.net colleagues at the Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Administrative support to the Academic Dean
- Management of the academic office with records management, archiving, correspondence, student and instructor liaison
- Promotion and marketing of the academic online course programme in collaboration with other departments as appropriate
- Planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of the online course programme
- Coordinate the academic calendar and provide support in planning and organising blended learning programmes
- Monitoring the learning management system for the delivery of the online course programme in collaboration with other departments as appropriate
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Schedule, organize, monitor and review the online and blended learning programme
- Assist in drafting and reviewing academic handbooks, policies and other academic management documentation
- Assist in the development of online and blended learning courses
- Establish a work plan for the advertisement of courses, the recruitment of students and academic facilitators
- Liaise with academic institutions as per assignment
- Assist in the accreditation process by supporting with the drafting of documentation
- Assist in the preparation of meetings, including correspondence, minute-taking, sending of invitations
- Manage the regular academic office communication with students, academic facilitators, staff and academic partners
Qualifications and Requirements
- Work experience in higher education academic office management
- Experience in management and promotion of online education
- Proficiency in online learning management systems, preferably Moodle, and capacity to manage the learning management system autonomously
- Learning management design and/or course development experience would be an asset
- Experiences in accreditation processes would be an asset
- Fluency in English; one or two other languages, preferably from among French, German and Spanish, would be an asset
- Valid Swiss work permit
- Interest in and commitment to the Globethics.net vision, mission and values and to the Globethics.net Code of Ethics
- Ability for teamwork and for establishing work relationships in global, intercultural environments
- Capacity to work autonomously, good time management and a sense for work priorities
- Ability to carry out tasks with loyalty and in respect of the role description
- Readiness for professional development
- Flexibility in work and travel
We offer: good working conditions in an international environment with a small, friendly and committed team.
Duration: the position is unlimited.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland.
Application deadline: Friday 30 October 2020, 6pm CET
Candidates are invited to apply with their CV, letter of motivation and two referees, by email to email@example.com
Start date: 1 February 2021.