Online Course for Teachers - Ethics Education for Children
Arigatou International, Globethics.net partner since 2017, is offerning an online course on Ethics Education for Children: A Transformative Pedagogy for Learning to Live Together from 8 to 13 June 2020,
Deadline to register: 1 June 2020
Date: 8 to 13 June 2020
Offered by: Arigatou International
Modality: Individual work with one joint webinar
Who should attend: Educators
To register for the Online Course for Teachers, click here to complete the registration form.
The current situation in the world with the COVID-19 pandemic has forced 1.5 billion children out of school and into new remote learning modalities, online, via TV or even radio. As the world paves the way to reopen schools many challenges are still ahead.
During these challenging times, educators have a critical role to play in supporting children's social, emotional and spiritual well-being, and creating learning opportunities to strengthen children's critical thinking, sense of belonging to a larger community, interconnectedness with others while keeping physical distancing, and providing spaces for children to reflect about and respond to the ethical challenges we all face.
During this course, based on the Learning to Live Together program and its Ethics Education Framework, educators will be introduced to the Transformative Pedagogy promoted by Arigatou International that supports teachers to create safe, positive and empowering learning environments during these challenging times.
This course aims to create learning opportunities for teachers to:
- Get acquainted with the Arigatou International Ethics Education Framework and pedagogical approach and how it responds to the needs of the current context.
- Share each other's contexts during COVID-19 and implications on children and education.
- Learn how to create safe, positive and empowering learning environments and opportunities for children and youth while fostering interfaith learning and collaboration.
- Identify concrete ways to strengthen children's ability to reflect on the current situation and respond to the ethical challenges during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Develop strategies to ensure children's socio-emotional and spiritual well-being and to empower them as agents of positive change.