Welcome to our Jobs page. Please find below vacancies from our offices and our partners. You will also find general job opportunities within the ethics sector.
If you would like to promote your job vacancy, please send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will announce it for free on this page.
Job: Professor of Ecumenical Social Ethics and Programme Executive of the Ecumenical Theological Education (ETE)
Call for volunteers: Rapporteurs, Event Assistants and Communications Assistants
- • Experienced in providing clear and concise reports of different kinds of meetings, including plenary sessions, workgroups, workshops and presentations of academic papers, rapporteurs are expected to bring their critical thinking and analytical skills to the sessions that they are asked to cover.
- • They are tasked with drawing out the main ideas and conclusions and with highlighting the underlying assumptions and questions that come out during the discussions and working sessions in an efficient and timely way.
- • All of the outcomes of the plenary sessions, academic tracks and workshop sessions are reported on by the rapporteurs and their work will be used by the facilitator and the conference organisers as the basis for follow up round table conversations, in the wrap up at the end of the conference and in the final conference report / publication. (There may be the possibility to be a co-author/editor of the outcomes of the conference, either as a report or as a multiple authored book project.)
- • Knowledgeable about and interest in teaching and education in the field of ethics, in particular ethics in the field of teaching, education, communication or management of ethics at university.
- • Excellent verbal and written skills in English are required.
- • Welcoming
- • Support for the whole event, working collectively with others to ensure that the event runs smoothly
- • Preparation of the meeting packs prior to the event
- • Putting together all the documents that will go in the pack, e.g. badges, labels, name cards for the tables, certificates, etc.
- • Escorting participants from the airport to the venue and providing help with the hotel check in
- • Escorting participants by bus to the city and back
- Helping out with registrations
- • Accompany and motivate participants and fellow colleagues throughout the conference
- • Assist during coffee breaks, meals and the ethics festival on the evening of Tuesday 5 June
- • Accompany the excursions on the afternoon of Wednesday 6 June
- • Wrapping and tidying up
- • Availability for all of the days
- • Draft and edit social media posts (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- • Assist in preparing web content and executing social media strategies
- • Facilitate effective internal communications
- • Assist the Communication Manager and Photographer
- Additional Assets for all Volunteers:
- • Smart thinking and initiative
- • Fluent in English and French
- • Good management skills
- • Confident
- • Lots of energy
- • Lives in the Geneva area or in the Canton of Vaud (Switzerland)
- • To bring a laptop (for rapporteurs)
- • Mastery of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (for communications)
- • Driving licence and use of a car