The Communication and Online Systems Assistant assists the Communication and Digital Marketing Manager and the Online Systems Programme Executive with a range of tasks related to the Globethics.net website and to digital and print media. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating meaningful content aligned with the organisation’s strategy and activities;
- Helping to build the organisation’s reputation;
- Supporting staff and stakeholders to make effective use of the branding and visual identity;
- Writing news releases and news updates related to the organisation’s activities;
- Developing and updating content for the website;
- Supporting online community development and management;
- Preparing and analysing reports of online systems usage and social media statistics;
- Monitoring and contributing to the organisation’s social media platforms;
- Providing support to the marketing, communication and organisation of events;
- Proofreading and editing texts;
- Designing institutional and promotional documents for digital and print distribution; and
- Assistance with routine office tasks.
Note that the description is open for future developments and tasks of Globethics.net. It will be specified and can be modified in the Annual Programme of Globethics.net or whenever appropriate.
Place of work
This position is open for candidates working on a mandate basis abroad or as an employee based at the Globethics.net Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland. Those wishing to apply as an employee would be required to be resident in the Geneva region and to have a valid work permit.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in web content management, implementing communications strategies for organisations, preparing multilingual communications products/materials, such as news stories, brochures and social media content and developing campaign and advocacy materials.
- English (mother tongue) is essential
- Other languages (e.g. French, German, Spanish, etc.) would be an advantage
- A first-level university degree in communications, IT, public relations, marketing, journalism/mass media or related field
- Additional training in graphic design and/or software applications related to web content and online systems management would be an asset
Knowledge and skills
- Able to work on own initiative in a responsive and timely way
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership of the work entrusted
- Flexible and efficient
- Good communication skills
- Able to build reliable and trusted relationships within the various functions of the organisation
- Ability to research, synthesise and gather information from various sources
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Video editing experience with Adobe AfterEffect/Premiere is a plus
- Good knowledge of and experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), with Liferay and/or others, and a basic knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Experience in photography is a plus
- Multitasking and ability to prioritise
- Consistently approaches work with energy, dynamism, creativity and a constructive attitude
- The ability to solve problems related to information architecture
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by midnight CEST on Wednesday 15 September 2021. The successful candidate would take up the position on 1 October 2021 or as soon as they are available.