Welcome to our Jobs page. Please find below vacancies from our offices and our partners. You will also find general job opportunities within the ethics sector.
If you would like to promote your job vacancy, please send the details to email@example.com and we will announce it for free on this page.
Administration Officer (100%) - maternity leave cover
Globethics.net is a global network of persons and institutions interested in applied ethics with a focus on ethics in higher education. Through its global digital library on ethics Globethics.net contributes to improving access to knowledge resources in ethics especially for the global South. In addition, it facilitates collaborative web-based research, conferences, online publishing, e-learning and active sharing of information. Globethics.net aims at strengthening global common values as well as the respect of ethical contextual diversity.
We are looking for a temporary Administration Officer (maternity leave cover) from 1 February to 31 August 2019 with the possibility of extension, to carry out various administrative and project related tasks in our Head Office in Geneva, based near the international organisations in Grand-Saconnex. The Administration Officer would work closely with the Executive Director, the Deputy Executive Director and the Finance Officer in a small dynamic team and will have the opportunity of gaining a good insight into the work of an international NGO. We are looking for a flexible, precise and motivated team player.
- Organisation of international and local events including booking of flights, hotels, meetings rooms, visa invitations, etc.
- Take minutes at meetings, internal and external as needed
- Managing the day to day activities of the Executive Director, including managing the agenda / diary, scheduling the meetings, entering business cards in the database, follow up to meetings and travel, etc.
- Handle daily correspondence (English, French, possibly German) and telephone enquiries
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system
- Update address database (office and website database)
- Manage office supplies and liaison with suppliers
- Assist with human resource, legal and financial issues as needed
- Assist with project tracking including monitoring delivery of reports and services and issue of transfer requests/invoices
- Monitoring the annual leave calendar as per the organisation procedures, taking into consideration sick leave, compensation leave, etc, recording the attendance of the staff
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- Administrative, event and project management skills and experience
- Education up to degree level
- Fluent in English and French and preferably one other language
- Interest and ease in electronic networking
- Good knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office programmes and the internet
- Independent and precise work
- Ability to prioritise, to set and meet deadlines
We offer good working conditions in an international environment with a small, friendly and committed team, with training on the job, variety in the everyday work and the opportunity to work for a foundation that is engaged in contributing to the development of ethics in today's world.
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Start date: 1 February 2019 or as agreed
Applications: candidates are invited to apply with their CV and a letter of motivation by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 18 January 2019