Welcome to our Jobs page. Please find below vacancies from our offices and our partners. You will also find general job opportunities within the ethics sector.
If you would like to promote your job vacancy, please send the details to email@example.com and we will announce it for free on this page.
Job: Professor of Ecumenical Social Ethics and Programme Executive of the Ecumenical Theological Education (ETE)
Job: Programme Executive Interreligious Dialogue and Cooperation
The World Council of Churches is opening a position as Programme Executive Interreligious Dialogue and Cooperation in Geneva, Switzerland.
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Starting Date: 1 January 2018
Position at (%): 100%
Works closely with:
Internal: the general secretary, the deputy general secretary for Unity Mission and Ecumenical Relations, the director of the Commission of Churches for International Affairs, programme staff and designated staff in PMER (Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting), IMD (Income Monitoring and Development) and Finance.
External: Member churches, councils, ecumenical and interreligious bodies, significant organizations representing other religions.
Objectives: To facilitate reflection and action on dialogue and cooperation with other religions, especially with Islam and Judaism.
- Implement effectively, in close cooperation with the other members of the project team, the project(s) related to the area of work in order to reach the expected results.
- Be responsible for the budgeting, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the spendinglevels in the project, in cooperation with the deputy general secretary and designatedfinance managers.
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with specialists in the areas of work in the churches, councils, ecumenical organizations and universities and engage them in planning and implementing the project(s) and activities.
- Participate in the ecumenical reflection on issues of religious plurality and its significance for the Christian self-understanding and for the role of the churches in the world today.
- Establish and maintain and develop regular contacts and relationships with organizations, institutions, groups, representatives of other religions, Islam and Judaism in particular, and with international interreligious bodies.
- Initiate new initiatives related to spirituality and theology inspired by Islam and Judaism.
- Foster concrete initiatives that enable Jewish and Muslim groups to cooperate with the WCC as part of the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace.
- Assist churches, according to their needs in the area of inter-religious relations and promote inter-religious cooperation.
- Monitor, analyse and interpret developments in various religious communities and their impact on inter-religious relations and cooperation.
- Contribute to the integration of projects and programmes of the WCC from the perspective of the primary area of responsibility.
- Contribute to develop, maintain, nurture and deepen WCC relational work with a designated number of WCC member churches, ecumenical partners and other appropriate partners.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
- Post Graduate (minimum Master Degree, preferably Doctorate) in theology, missiology or interreligious dialogue and cooperation, especially the relations between Christian, Islam and Judaism.
- Solid knowledge of the networks of Jewish and Muslim organizations.
- In depth knowledge of theological issues relating to interreligious dialogue with impact on the life of the Churches.
- Five years of professional engagement in an ecumenical and multicultural environment with experience in related issues.
- Five years of experience in project management, including result oriented planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of projects.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages (Arabic, Hebrew, French, German, and Spanish) is an asset.
- Information technology: Word, Excel, Internet.
- Experience in working sensitively in multi-cultural and ecumenical settings.
Deadline for applications: 30 July 2017
Full applications (Curriculum vitae, motivation letter, application form, copies of diplomas and
recommendation letters) are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Form is available at the following address:
The WCC Financial Report 2016 can be consulted at the following address: