23 April 2016. Reading a book is like opening a window on to the outside world, opening a mind to other ways of thinking and opening new perspectives for the future.
Here at the Globethics.net online library, our main priority is to provide full text access to core content on applied ethics free of charge to everyone and to give all women and men, whether they are students, professionals or retired people the opportunity to make their own research more visible at a global level.
This is why we are joining UNESCO and other international organisations to celebrate the cultural, educational and humanist aspects of books on World Book and Copyright Day 2016.
The day falls each year on 23 April, the day that marks the anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare in 1616.
Here are our available resources on copyright
From our online Library
- Over 4,500 books can be found in the Globethics.net library, including over 100 of our own publications. We also have specific resources available on copyright via our Credo Reference collection
- Promoting innovation and development by rethinking the role of copyright limitations and exceptions in Vietnam, PhD thesis, Queensland University of Technology from Dinh, Thi Thanh Nhan (2016)
- The role of copyright in online creative communities: law, norms, and policy, PhD thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology from Fiesler, Casey (2015)
- Copyright protection and the ‘balance' question in the digital age – an analysis of member states' compliance with universally-agreed standards in international copyright treaties. M. Thesis, Faculty of Law, McGill University from Adebiyi, Tomilola (2015)
- Evaluating the current copyright provisions for the reproduction and dissemination of electronic educational material in distance learning, PhD thesis, University of Cape Town, Faculty of Law, Intellectual Property Research Unit from Lamont, Kim Tracy Lamont (2015)
- La culture, un marché qui fonctionne : modernisation de la loi canadienne sur le droit d'auteur dans un contexte numérique, Mémoire, Université du Québec à Montréal from La Haye, Vanessa (2015)
Ethical Dilemmas in the Information Society
Codes of Ethics for Librarians and Archivists
From Amélie Vallotton Preisig / Hermann Rösch / Christoph Stückelberger Eds. (2014)
Ethics in the Information Society: the Nine 'P's
A Discussion Paper for the WSIS+10 Process 2013-2015 (2013)