Living Letter Campaign: Change the future of education with Globethics.net and ICDE
Read all about ethics and our resources, events and projects worldwide
null Living Letter Campaign: Change the future of education with Globethics.net and ICDE
Get involved in a very special campaign to promote ethics as a transformative force in higher education and societies!
As members of our global network, we invite you to take part in our Living Letter Campaign in collaboration with the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
Join us in writing to key stakeholders, influential figures and decision-makers to ask them to lift their voices and drive decisions in their spaces of public responsibility to:
- ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and to promote lifelong learning opportunities for all;
- promote ethics and values as a transversal subject matter in higher education curricula and in the institutional development of higher education,
- and encourage and advocate for the establishment of cross-sectoral alliances and networks on education at regional and global levels for open, flexible and distance learning opportunities for all.
How to take part!
- Download the Living Letter Campaign postcards and letter templates (see below)
- You can print them to send by mail or edit them with your preferred platform to send them virtually
- Address them to key stakeholders, influential figures and decision-makers in education in your country
- (Optional) translate the message into your language and/or adapt the message so it’s relevant to the situation in your community/countr
- Take a selfie of you and your postcard and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to show your support
- Send the letter and/or postcard to the addressees (either by post or email) to demand transformational change for education and for society
Addressee examples for the Living Letter Campaign
Global decision-makers such as...
Ms. Farida Shaheed, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Education
OHCHR-UNOG 8-14, Avenue de la Paix 1211, Geneve 10, Switzerland
Gordon Brown, UN Special Envoy for Global Education
The Broadgate Tower, Third Floor 20 Primrose Street, London, EC2A 2RS, United Kingdom
Regional decision makers such as…
Mallam Adamu Adamu, Honourable Minister of Education (HME) for Nigeria
1st Floor Phase 3, Federal Secretariat Complex, Abuja, Nigeria
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Martina Hirayama, State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation for Switzerland
SERI, Einsteinstrasse 2, CH-3003 Bern, Switzerland
Download the resources
Please visit the ICDE advocacy campaign website to find more advocacy messages and an advocacy toolkit to facilitate your campaigning activities!