Programme Manager, Globethics Centre Yogyakarta (60-100%)
Read all about ethics and our resources, events and projects worldwide
null Programme Manager, Globethics Centre Yogyakarta (60-100%)
Globethics is an international non-governmental organisation working for ethical leadership through the integration of academic and public engagements. Registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as an independent, not-for-profit foundation with an international Board, and affiliated centres across the globe, Globethics seeks to be inclusive of diverse cultural, religious, philosophical, and humanist ethical wisdoms, and to be the bridge between the different worldviews on ethical issues.
Globethics aims to equip individuals and institutions for ethical thinking, decision-making and action through higher education and policy engagement from cross-cultural and global perspectives. To achieve this goal, Globethics:
- Empowers and equips students and professionals through higher education, including executive education programmes in ethics (as an accredited provider of online courses);
- Develops and spreads knowledge about applied ethics through networking, collaborative research, publications and open-access resources via the leading free online library on ethics;
- Supports ethical standard setting and implementation for institutional development; and
- Engages with policymakers on the international, national, regional and local governmental level, and with higher education institutions, in multi-stakeholder academic and policy dialogues on global issues for transformative ethical leadership.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to be responsible for the development of Globethics’ activities and projects in Indonesia, with its centre located in Yogyakarta. The appointee would work closely with the Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and with the Globethics East Asia Consul in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. They will also collaborate with the Globethics centres in other countries, and would have the opportunity to gain insight into and contribute to the work of an international NGO. We are looking for a flexible, reliable and motivated team player.
- Establishment of and running the Globethics Centre Yogyakarta, with its legal, infrastructure, administrative, and operational aspects
- Mapping stakeholders and facilitating partnerships
- Engagement with Globethics network and partners, and the public and private institutions identified to develop and build relationships
- Promoting the Globethics network, programmes and projects and contributing to their reach and regional expansion
- Participating in international cross-regional and interregional activities of Globethics
- Project design and management, including the Monitoring and evaluation and reporting to the Head office and relevant partners and donors
- Identifying and engaging the needed resources for projects (consultants, experts, collaborators, etc.)
- Resource mobilisation to sustain the running of the office and its projects in coordination with and support of the Head Office
- Managing the communication and media relations in coordination with and support of the Head Office, and
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the post
- Valid Indonesian work and residence status/permit
- University graduate degree in international relations, political or social studies, humanities, or related field. Post-graduate qualifications an asset
- Strong interest in and understanding of ethics, the Globethics vision, mission and values and the Globethics Strategy 2023-2027
- Minimum of five years’ experience and proven ability in the non-profit/education sector/s in project applications and management, managerial experience a plus
- Proven stakeholder management skills, ability to work collaboratively in a team and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of partners
- Strong project management and organisational skills and initiative and ability to think creatively
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English and preferably one other language, and
- Availability and ability to travel.
The Programme Manager is a manager-level position reporting to the Deputy Executive Director and working with the East Asia Regional Consul and the international team.
We offer: good working conditions with a friendly and committed team. Remuneration for the post is determined in accordance with the position, experience and work location, based on the organisation’s rates.
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Application deadline and process: 16 June 2023 - candidates are invited to apply with a letter of motivation and their CV, featuring nationality(s), location, contact details, diplomas/qualifications and three references, one of which should be from the candidate’s professional context. The application is to be submitted, in one PDF file (motivation letter followed by the CV – with the file name format: Name_Surname_GE_Yogyakarta_Manager), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, adding in the email subject: GE Yogyakarta Manager.
Start date: 1 July 2023 or as agreed.