Putting ethics into practice - academia and beyond
For immediate release
08 July 2016
More ethics in higher education is urgently needed: this is one of the main conclusions of the Global Ethics Forum 2016 organised from 23-25 June 2016 by Globethics.net.
What's next? Globethics.net is committed to establishing a consortium of several universities around the wold to carry out joint educational and research projects in the fields of responsible leadership, ethics teaching and sustainable development in higher education and the presentation of values across sectors.
The Global Ethics Forum 2016 is proud of its achievements this year with:
- 165 registered participants from 55 countries;
- 4 plenary sessions and 12 workshops on 4 aspects of higher education : Teaching, Research, Governance and Society;
- Over 45 speakers from different sectors - academic and research institutions, governments, non-governmental organisations and business - from Asia (China, India, Indonesia and Vietnam), Africa (Benin, Congo, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Tunisia and South Africa), North and Latin America (USA, Argentina and Columbia) and Europe (Switzerland, France, Greece, Hungary and Russia).
The main topics under discussion included: how higher educational institutions adapt to a changing environment, what is the impact of ethics on teaching and research activities within institutions, what are the challenges in higher education governance and good practices, and how can ethics be promoted in higher education with the help of other actors in society.
The dates and the theme of the next Global Ethics Forum will be announced at a later date.
- All the news from the sessions and the workshops are available here.
- Key documents (including brochure, programme, handover speeches and speakers presentations from the plenary sessions) are available here.
- Photos are available on our FlickR page.
Download this Media Release (PDF - 2 pages - 145 KB)
Loyola Ranarison, Programme Executive Digital and Communication
Email: email@example.com - Tel: +41 22 791 63 36
About the Global Ethics Forum (GEF)
The Global Ethics Forum is the annual flagship event of Globethics.net. Its goal is to provide a platform for inspiration, exchange and reflection, networking and action in order to foster values-driven individuals and institutions across sectors. The theme for the 2016 conference was "Higher Education – Ethics in Action, The Value of Values across Sectors".
About Globethics.net Foundation
The Globethics.net Foundation is a global network on applied ethics of individuals and institutional participants from all continents. We are committed to strengthen core values such as freedom, justice, sustainability, peace and responsibility in a globalised world by knowledge sharing, networking, empowering people, international research and training of people for more responsible leadership.
- Globethics.net: www.globethics.net