Globethics is an international non-governmental organisation working for ethical leadership through the integration of academic and public engagements. Registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as an independent, not-for-profit foundation with an international Board, and affiliated centres across the globe, Globethics seeks to be inclusive of diverse cultural, religious, philosophical, and humanist ethical wisdoms, and to be the bridge between the different world-views on ethical issues.
Globethics seeks to achieve its vision of ‘Ethical leadership for a just, inclusive and sustainable world’ by equipping individuals and institutions for ethical thinking, decision-making and action through higher education and policy engagement from cross-cultural and global perspectives. The organisation’s team comprises 21 professionals based in its Head Office in Geneva, and other Centres in Argentina, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tunisia, in addition to the external consultants.
A. Consultancy Purpose:
To ensure that Globethics is equipped with high-end digital tools, systems and capacities to serve its mission in the best way, during the coming five years.
B. Mission Outline:
The IT and Online Systems Consultant is asked to conduct an organisation-wide IT and systems review, to make recommendations and eventually to implement the optimisation of existing tools and systems that are functioning, the replacement of those that are no longer fit for purpose, and the introduction of new tools and systems to ensure that gaps in IT provision are bridged and complete.
More specifically the mission includes:
- Recommendation on and introduction of a cloud-based database (migration from local server in Geneva) and directory, to serve Centres around the world (Geneva, Argentina, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tunisia, etc.);
- Microsoft 365 implementation including email, Teams, etc. (from local server email) for around 20 users;
- Enhancement of online collaborative work, meetings, webinars (currently on Slack, Zoom);
- LMS enhancement (existing: Moodle and Articulate 360), assessment, update and implementation of the TOR with the identified and selected partners/suppliers;
- Community database online management (currently on a customised version of Liferay), including 200k members, expected to reach more than 300k soon (limited CRM needs: registration, contacts management, user categorisation, interest-based reach, newsletter/mailing, search by category/country, etc.);
- Assessment and advice on the online library (data harvesting and curation) and Publications;
- E-commerce integration, with ledger provision for accounts and financial management;
- Advise on the potential enhancement of the accounting system;
- Advise on new website development and TOR development for suppliers;
- Advise on the human resources online management (no current ERP system);
- Team support and capacity building on all the above; and
- Support in developing the organisation’s IT policies and procedures.
- Month 1: Assessment, and solutions proposals, roadmap finalisation and management approval
- Month 2-3: Suppliers engagement, solutions purchase, and full implementation
- Month 4-6: Rolling out with team support and capacity building
To the Deputy Executive Director with regular meetings with the Executive Director.
Expected number of days
Between 56 and 72 days (with a minimum of 18 days on-site in Geneva)
8 years minimum of experience
Proven capacity (should be documented) in the consultancy field
Candidates are invited to submit an offer, including a description of the process, the estimated number of days and their fee cost per day, with their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 February 2023.