Summer Internship (100%)
Read all about ethics and our resources, events and projects worldwide
null Summer Internship (100%)
Globethics is an international non-governmental organisation working for ethical leadership through the integration of academic and public engagements. Registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as an independent, not-for-profit foundation with an international Board, and affiliated centres across the globe, Globethics seeks to be inclusive of diverse cultural, religious, philosophical, and humanist ethical wisdoms, and to be the bridge between the different worldviews on ethical issues.
Globethics aims to equip individuals and institutions for ethical thinking, decision-making and action through higher education and policy engagement from cross-cultural and global perspectives. To achieve this goal, Globethics:
- Empowers and equips students and professionals through higher education, including executive education programmes in ethics (as an accredited provider of online courses);
- Develops and spreads knowledge about applied ethics through networking, collaborative research, publications and open-access resources via the leading free online library on ethics;
- Supports ethical standard setting and implementation for institutional development; and
- Engages with policymakers on the international, national, regional and local governmental level, and with higher education institutions, in multi-stakeholder academic and policy dialogues on global issues for transformative ethical leadership.
We are looking for an intern to support us in various administrative and project-related tasks. The person would work closely with the Community and Policy Department at the Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and would have the opportunity to gain insight into the work of an international NGO. We are looking for a flexible, reliable and motivated team player.
- Assisting in the organisation of international policy events, including programme and related templates and tools development, stakeholder mapping, and communication with partners and potential speakers for effective engagement and invitations
- Developing and maintaining the database of contacts
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- University graduate or Master's Student in international relations, political studies or a related field
- Interest in ethics
- Fluent in English. Fluency and/or working knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Independent and precise work
- Ability to prioritise, meet and set deadlines
The successful candidate would work in a small, dynamic and friendly team in an international environment. They would be offered on-the-job training and orientation as appropriate and be encouraged in their professional and academic development.
Location: Globethics Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland, close to United Nations institutions.
Start date: 3 July 2023 or by agreement
Duration: Three months, with the possibility of renewal
Application: Motivation letter and CV to be sent to email@example.com by 14 June 2023, in one PDF file (motivation letter followed by the CV – using the file name format: Name_Surname_GE_Policy_intern), adding in the email subject: GE Policy intern.