Globethics is an international non-governmental organisation working for ethical leadership through the integration of academic and public engagements. Registered in Geneva, Switzerland, as an independent, not-for-profit foundation with an international Board and affiliated centres across the globe, Globethics seeks to be inclusive of diverse cultural, religious, philosophical, and humanist ethical wisdoms, and to be the bridge between the different world-views on ethical issues.
A. Consultancy Purpose:
To audit the existing website and interoperability with related platforms, design and develop a new website for Globethics, including CMS, basic CRM, and e-commerce integration, to help the organisation serve its mission in the best way. The website must be sustainable in its look, feel, performance, and longevity, with the expectation that the best technology will be used to achieve this goal in a timely manner.
Globethics currently uses a customised version of Liferay (Liferay Community Edition Portal 7.3.5) with an online community database of 200k contacts (expected to reach more than 300k soon): https://www.globethics.net/.
Our online systems also include a digital library repository, which uses DSpace software: https://repository.globethics.net/, and an LMS using Moodle: https://classroom.globethics.net/.
The IT Consultant is asked to conduct a review of our current online systems, make recommendations and develop a new website based on the audit and needs analysis.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Audit of the website platform, design, architecture and functionalities in the current context (see B. above);
- Needs analysis for new website platform and online systems;
- Recommendation for the best platform to use based on the audit and needs analysis;
- Develop and implement a new website according to needs;
- Team support and capacity building on using and maintaining the new website and setting up website analytics;
- Preparation of SOP for website maintenance, revision, and usage;
- Facilitating/supporting migration between old and new website (population of content, etc.); and
- Ensuring cybersecurity and compliance with data safety and protection regulations.
- Basic database management (of contacts/’mailing list’) via website or via external platform/app integrated into the website, with functions including: dissemination of newsletters by email, integration of email sign up on the website, contacts management, segmentation/targeted mailing by interest/country/language, etc., link between data of these contacts/mailing list/s and data of registered users;
- Basic CRM for registered users - registration on the website, segmentation, access to additional pages inaccessible without registration/login;
- E-commerce integration with ledger provision for accounts and financial management;
- Localisation-ready CMS with capacity for content in right-left languages;
- Integration capabilities: e.g. registration forms for courses/events allowing for registration/sign up on website;
- Single sign on with other Globethics online systems (Library and LMS), which must be accessible through the Globethics website as the principal portal/point of entry;
- Harmonisation of look and feel and cross-accessibility of Globethics online systems (Library and LMS); and
- Architecture and hierarchy of information in line with the Globethics vision, mission and strategy; and
- Content and design reflecting Globethics' visual identity.
The new website will be developed in 2023 to be launched in Q1 2024.
To the Deputy Executive Director with regular meetings with the Executive Director.
Qualifications and requirements
Portfolio demonstrating capacity and experience with complex web design and development across a range of website platforms, CMS and CRM.
Working language: English.
The selection process has two phases:
- Initial selection based on review of one-page expression of interest followed by company portfolio, including links to examples of similar projects, in one PDF document, to email@example.com by 28 June 2023
- A workshop for shortlisted companies resulting in submission of a project proposal, including budget and timeline, in July 2023