Communications Assistant – 40-60%
Consultancy / Job Description *
* NB: for suitably qualified consultants / candidates it is possible to combine this consultancy / position with the role of Assistant Editor In this case, candidates are asked to make it clear that they are applying for both.
The Communications Assistant assists the Communications Manager with a range of task related to digital and print media. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating meaningful content aligned with the organisation's strategy and activities;
- Helping to build the organisation's reputation;
- Supporting staff and stakeholders to make effective use of the branding and visual identity;
- Writing news releases and news updates related to the organisation's activities;
- Monitoring and contributing to the organisation's social media platforms;
- Providing support to the marketing, communication and organisation of events;
- Proofreading and editing texts;
- Designing the creation of institutional and promotional documents for digital and print distribution;
- Supporting the Managing Editor, e.g. in tasks related to preparation of academic publications, proofreading, designing book covers, marketing materials, reports; and
- Assistance with routine office tasks.
Note that the description is open for future developments and tasks of Globethics.net. It will be specified and can be modified in the Annual Programme of Globethics.net or whenever appropriate.
Place of work
This position can be taken up by a consultant/s working remotely or by an employee based at the Globethics.net Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland. Those wishing to apply as an employee would be required to be resident in the Geneva region and to have a valid work permit.
A minimum of 3 years' experience in web content management, implementing communications strategies for organisations, preparing multilingual communications products/materials, such as news stories, brochures and social media content and developing campaign and advocacy materials.
- English mother tongue preferred, full professional proficiency in English is required
- Other languages (e.g. French, German, Spanish, etc.) would be an advantage
- A first level university degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism/mass media or related field
- Additional training in graphic design and/or software applications related to web content management is an asset
Knowledge and skills
- Able to work on own initiative, willing to take responsibility and ownership
- Flexible and efficient
- Good communication skills
- Able to build reliable and trusted relationships within the various functions of the organisation
- Ability to research, synthesize and gather information from various sources
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop). Video editing experience with Adobe AfterEffect/Premiere is a plus
- Experience in photography is a plus
- Multitasking and ability to priorities
- Consistently approaches work with energy, dynamism, creativity and a constructive attitude
- The ability to solve problems related to information architecture
Interested and qualified consultants / candidates are invited to apply with a motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 August 2020.