Globethics.net is an international non-profit, non-governmental foundation with its Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland and partners on all continents. It is a global network of individuals and institutions interested in applied ethics with ethics in higher education as its vision. Globethics.net aims at strengthening global common values as well as respecting ethical contextual diversity.
Globethics.net India was established on 10 September 2010 together with Dharmaram Vidya Kshetram (DVK) in Bangalore. The team of Directors is composed of Rev. Dr Jose Nandhikkara (DVK), Rev. Jacob Belly (ACPD), Dr Vasanthi Srinivasan (Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, IIMB), supported by the National Officer, Ms Rajula V. and working together with Dr Pavan Duggal, member of the Globethics.net Board of Foundation based in New Delhi.
Globethics.net India promotes ethics in higher education and governance and integrity for higher education institutions and for the public and private sector. Their manifold activities include the organisation of conferences, publication of books and journals, anti-corruption campaigns, research on business ethics and other topics, special library collections, courses and awareness raising campaigns and training and consulting for higher education institutions, teachers and professionals in India.
Globethics.net is opening a key supporting position as Globethics.net India Zonal Representative. The desired candidate would be a flexible, precise and motivated team player who would work closely with and under the supervision of the National Officer and team of Directors and alongside other zonal representatives in India and Globethics.net team members around the world to promote the organisation and its activities and to carry out various project related tasks. This position is open to all.
- Implementation of the work plan under the close supervision of the National Officer and Directors
- Research on and mapping of the higher education environment to assist in identifying potential partners
- Promotion of Globethics.net and of its programmes, events and resources, with a focus on course promotion
- Support for the organisation of events and joint activities with established partners
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and requirements
- First-level university degree with a preference for a graduate degree holder
- Experience in project management and promotion
- Interest and ease in electronic and in-person networking
- Competence in the use of standard software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and online conferencing platforms such as Zoom
- Fluency in English required and fluency in one or two other languages would be an asset
- Interest in and commitment to the Globethics.net vision, mission and values and to the Globethics.net Code of Ethics
- Capacity for teamwork and for establishing work relationships in local, national, global and intercultural environments
- Ability to work autonomously, good time management and a sense for work priorities
- Dedication to carrying out tasks with loyalty and in respect of the role description
- Readiness for professional development
- Flexibility in work and travel
- Able to work on own initiative in a responsive and timely way
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership of the work entrusted
- Flexible and efficient
- Good communication skills
- Able to build reliable and trusted relationships within the various functions of the organisation
- Ability to research, synthesise and gather information from various sources
- Consistently approaches work with energy, dynamism, creativity and a constructive attitude
- The ability to identify and propose solutions to problems
Offered: working with a small, friendly and committed team.
Duration: the position is for a fixed period of 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
Location: working remotely from home office.
Application deadline: Sunday, 22 May 2022, 18:00 IST.
Candidates are invited to apply with their CV, letter of motivation and two referees, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: 1 June 2022.