Network Assistant 50-100%
Globethics.net is a global network of persons and institutions interested in different fields of applied ethics. It offers access to resources on ethics and related areas, especially through its global digital libraries on ethics. In addition, it facilitates collaborative web-based research, conferences, online publishing and active sharing of information. Globethics.net aims especially at increasing access to perspectives from Africa, Latin America and Asia. It aims at strengthening global common values and the respect of ethical contextual diversity.
We are looking for a network and projects assistant who can assist us in various tasks in our network, who has an interest in ethical questions and some knowledge of media and communication.
• Communication tasks including website related work, translation, responding to requests from participants, etc
• Preparing and posting news articles for the website, monthly newsletter and supporting development of the social networks
• Technical assistance with online workgroups and online databases
• Assistance with project related tasks including research, reports, meeting preparation, etc
• Technical assistance and animation of fora and blogs in the network
• Assistance with routine office tasks
• University degree (BA) (MA)
• Interest in ethics
• Fluent in English and at least one other language
• Good knowledge of computers, office programmes and the internet
• Interest and ease in electronic networking and website development
What we offer
You will be working in a small and friendly team in an international environment. We will offer you training on the job and encourage and help you in your own professional development. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer remuneration for the placement. Expenses related to the placement can be reimbursed.
Location: The international secretariat is located in Geneva, Switzerland, close to UN institutions.
Application deadline: 30 September 2012
Starting date: October 2012. Can be discussed.
Duration: We ask for a minimum commitment of three months. Preferably six months.
Interested candidates are invited to send applications with CV and letter of motivation explaining how you think you can fulfil the requirements, by email to:
Programme Executive Network
Route de Ferney 150
For further information: +41 88 791 61 74