Globethics.net in collaboration with Arigatou International will hold a ‘training of trainers' workshop from 13-16 March 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. The training is being provided for staff of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), a Globethics.net partner institution and member of the Globethics Consortium on Ethics in Higher Education
The title of the workshop is ‘Integrating Ethics In Higher Education: Transformation of Catholic University Of East Africa (CUEA) – Faculties and Programmes – To Achieve Global Competitiveness'.
The Objective of the workshop is to assist the university in with the integration of an ethics curriculum in their institutions. It will feature a combination of theoretical analysis, ethical orientation and many practical cases, all of which will serve to improve CUEA global ranking and reputation and place it as a leading Catholic University on Ethics in Higher Education in East Africa. Another feature is to improve the lives of the participants, both the personal and professional, whilst advancing their communication skills and social competences.
The workshop will feature over 30 trainers/facilitators training over 180 teachers and supervisors on a range of necessary ethical considerations, including:
- Why be ethical?
- Understanding ethics in both the normative and empirical aspects
- Pathways to developing a positive work ethic in the University
- Identifying and solving ethical issues in teaching/supervision
- Creating sound supervisor/supervisee relationships
- Handling cases of intellectual dishonesty and unethical research practices
- Developing teaching skills in and knowledge of ethics
- Inculcating team spirit in research and publications
- Research leadership skills for teachers and students
- Updating knowledge about research quality and design
- Accessing research funding opportunities
- Data and information management
- Financial sustainability and practical steps to being competitive in a global environment