The conference was supported by Globethics.net in order to publish a series of master's theses that make up a volume on the teaching of ethics.
The thematic axes of work were:
Ethics of development and post-development, equality and society
- What are the ethical challenges of development in the Latin American context?
- What are the meeting points between professional ethics and development ethics?
- What is the ethical role of the company in a society as unequal as Latin America?
- What is the role of university education in teaching an ethical understanding of development?
Ethical and Civic Education
- What are the university and school pedagogical challenges that ethical education implies?
- How does citizen education converge with professional ethical education?
- What should be the social scope of professional ethical training?
- How can ethics education be integrated in all disciplines?
- What is the role of education in colleges and universities in the construction of a more egalitarian society?
Professional ethics in the construction of an egalitarian society
- What role does ethics play in solving the tension between professional interests and social equality?
- What are the places for ethical training in the professions? Who has the responsibility to do it?
- Should professional ethics have a role in reducing inequality? Which?
- What are the specific challenges that Latin America presents for professional ethics?
- Does being an ethical professional imply a concern for equality, justice and human development?