Vacancy: Impact and Resource Mobilisation Expert 100%
Read all about ethics and our resources, events and projects worldwide
null Vacancy: Impact and Resource Mobilisation Expert 100%
Globethics.net is an international non-governmental organisation working for ethical leadership through the integration of academic and public engagements. Registered in Geneva, Switzerland, it is an independent, not-for-profit foundation with an international board and affiliated centres across the globe (currently in Argentina, China, Ghana, India, Indonesia and Kenya). It seeks to be inclusive of diverse cultural, religious, philosophical, and humanist ethical wisdoms, and to be the bridge between the different world-views on ethical issues.
The Globethics.net vision is to enable ethical leadership for a just, inclusive and sustainable world, achieved by equipping individuals and institutions for ethical thinking, decision-making, and action through higher education and policy engagement from cross-cultural and global perspectives.
A highly motivated team player is being sought to contribute to realising the Globethics.net vision and mission in a newly created role with responsibility for the following tasks:
- Support the successful implementation of the Globethics.net Strategy and activities through the establishment and implementation of impact monitoring, evaluation, and learning frameworks to enable and ensure effective, measurable and sustained impact for the organisation’s work;
- Contribute to the regular review of the Strategy and yearly plans based on the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) results;
- Research and identify ideas and opportunities to enhance the organisation’s innovative responses to global trends and challenges in the light of the strategic priorities set by the organisation and contribute to bringing them to fruition;
- Manage donor relations and accounts to ensure that the organisation’s strategic objectives and targets are met. This would include ongoing research into potential and existing supporters; preparation of expressions of interest, approaches and campaigns; preparation of funding proposals and texts; correspondence; reports to donors, partners and management, and record keeping and filing;
- Partner with the management team to ensure timely and high-quality reporting on projects, and with the Deputy Executive Director for global reporting;
- Partner with the communication unit to develop communications of the organisation’s impact efforts and results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the post
- Strong interest in and understanding of the Globethics.net vision, mission and values;
- 7+ years of experience in (social) impact evaluation and/or strategy development, with a proven ability to bring insight and expertise on (social) impact trends, practices and innovation;
- Proven ability in leading non-profit and donor relationships;
- Proven stakeholder management skills, ability to work collaboratively in a team and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of partners;
- Strong project management and organisational skills and initiative and ability to think creatively;
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent in English and preferably one other language; and
- Availability and ability to travel.
The Impact and Resource Mobilisation Expert is a manager-level position in the Development and Support Department reporting to the Deputy Executive Director and working as a member of the international team.
We offer: good working conditions with a friendly and committed team. Remuneration for the post is determined in accordance with the position, experience, and work location, based on the organisation’s rates.
Location: This is a WFA (work from anywhere) position with travel required, including to the Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland.
Application deadline: 12 February 2023 - candidates are invited to apply with a letter of motivation and their CV, featuring nationality(s), location, contact details and three references, one of which should be from the candidate’s professional context. The application is to be submitted by email to email@example.com.
Start date: 1 March 2023.