Globethics.net joins the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Publishers Compact
We are excited to announce that Globethics.net has signed the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals Publishers Compact. Launched virtually last year during the Frankfurt Book Fair, the Publishers Compact commits signatories to the development of sustainable practices and standards, and to champion the SDGs during the Decade of Action (2020-2030). The Compact includes publishing books that will help inform, develop, and inspire action that aligns with the 17 UN SDGs.
The Compact is a pledge, which features 10 action points to accelerate progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. Along with the signatories of the compact, as a compact member, Globethics.net commits to:
- Committing to the SDGs: Stating sustainability policies and targets on our website, including adherence to this Compact; incorporating SDGs and their targets as appropriate.
- Actively promoting and acquiring content that advocates for themes represented by the SDGs, such as equality, sustainability, justice and safeguarding and strengthening the environment.
- Annually reporting on progress towards achieving SDGs, sharing data and contribute to benchmarking activities, helping to share best practices and identify gaps that still need to be addressed.
- Nominating a person who will promote SDG progress, acting as a point of contact and coordinating the SDG themes throughout the organisation.
- Raising awareness and promoting the SDGs among staff to increase awareness of SDG-related policies and goals and encouraging projects that will help achieve the SDGs by 2030.
- Raising awareness and promoting the SDGs among suppliers, to advocate for SDGs and to collaborate on areas that need innovative actions and solutions.
- Becoming an advocate to customers and stakeholders by promoting and actively communicating about the SDG agenda through marketing, websites, promotions and projects.
- Collaborating across cities, countries, and continents with other signatories and organizations to develop, localize and scale projects that will advance progress on the SDGs individually or through their Publishing Association.
- Dedicating budget and other resources towards accelerating progress for SDG-dedicated projects and promoting SDG principles.
- Taking action on at least one SDG goal, either as an individual publisher or through your national publishing association and sharing progress annually.
Make sure to follow our progress as we aim to accelerate progress towards the
Sustainable Development Goals!